Random thought about VS criticism

 

(Ukagawa Mayura)

I think this is just a boredom thing, so I just want to air out some grievances I’ve had with the general VS community and how people generally act about things. Maybe I’ll just make this a thing I do when I want to.


I think that, generally, nobody here can offer good criticism other than pointing at something and then saying, “err, this is shit!” Throwing shit around is usually how criticism is formed, especially when it comes to blog creation and even video creation. When you’ve been in the VS community long enough, it’s only a matter of time until you get babies first death threat, of which I have unfortunately been subject to many, many times over.


I myself and many others have also been subject to giving shittily written criticisms. For example, I myself am horrible at writing criticisms, or have been flat-out wrong at times, while I cannot speak for everyone over this, I can speak to how I myself feel about writing things. When I originally saw Bangs Blogs: Laurie Strode vs Steve Harrington, I was a massive asshole over it because, well, I am a huge fan of the Halloween franchise, I fucking love Halloween, and because of that, I said things which I literally do not agree with now. I think the main thing I said was something about 1.5 Tons of TNT and Mach 0.1 being Michael's max, which kind of annoyed me, and to be very clear still does. But the logic and reasoning behind it is solid, and something I can completely agree with, but considering I love Halloween and refused to see any character from that series lose, I argued against it. Like a dumbass, I tried to argue against it, but I never really got anywhere because the arguments themselves are fine…


Although maybe saying Bullet timing Halloween is wrong is kind of a jump in logic, just saying 👀…


Regardless, I think this usually comes from the not wanting to be wrong aspect of things, where people who read blogs, or try to read blogs, often go into it with a view of a character already winning. I think the reason I can find the effort behind a blog incredible, but then think that I don't enjoy a blog simply due to a winner fine, but because of that, I cannot positively interact with that blog because I had a preconceived notion about it. I assume this is why many shittilly written “debunks” often come from a place of malice rather than actually wanting someone to consider other options when it comes to writing a blog. These notions a person already has are why things like Dedan Cupman got me multiple death threats, why I assume that Jotaro Yuta was only ever brought up for criticisms is for stats, and nobody has interacted with things like the Jostars' curse and their passive luck manipulation, or Jotaro's fucking laundry list of resistances. It comes down to formatting, really, and how people perceive something happening. They read far enough in, see the funny ronnatonne feat, and then fuck off, and do I blame them for that? Not really, the blog itself was pretty shittilly written, then considering I had to speed read JJK due to my JJK writer copy-pasting things from the JJK wiki, not adding links, and then fucking with my formatting.


Simply put, people read things and have preconceived notions about certain feats and abilities; everyone does, and there's no way to stop that. However, it becomes an issue when a person who does have these notions begins typing shit about said blog or episode. Now there are many cases of this where the criticism is right (Think Jotaro-Yuta), but the person writing it is only doing so to harm a person, and that's no good.


Thanks for reading my random post, ok bye.


Randomly drawn art by me:

Comments

Most Viewed Blog at the moment:

M vs Flumpty Bumpty [Kars Fighting Ring]